The South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship (previously the Regents Scholarship) is funded by the State of South Dakota's Education Enhancement Trust Fund. Beginning in the fall of 2015, this scholarship now provides a total of $6,500 over four years to a qualifying student to attend a participating institution in South Dakota.
- Be a resident of South Dakota
- Attain a composite ACT score of 24 or higher
- Complete high school requirements with no final grade below a 'C' and a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- This includes 4 credits of Algebra or higher Mathematics, 4 credits of Science, and 2 credits of either approved Career and Technical Education Courses, or Modern or Classical Language
- Curriculum requirements specified in section 3 above are not required for any student who has received a composite score on the ACT of at least 28 and meets the ACT college readiness benchmarks scores equaling or exceeding 18 for English, 22 for Reading, 22 for Math, and 23 for Science.
- Attend an accredited university, college, or technical school in South Dakota