CLEP : GET COLLEGE CREDIT FOR WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW
what is it?
College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests cover what is generally taught in classes taken in the first 2 years of college. Students have the opportunity to test out of introductory courses so they can save time and money!
- 33 total exams
- Earn college credit for qualifying exam scores without taking the course, and spending that time in the course!
- All colleges have different policies and may accept credit for a few or even possibly all 33 exams
- Colleges typically grant the same amount of credit to a student who earns a satisfactory score as it would a student who completes the course
- You have the option to choose your preferred test center (typically a college)
- Choose the institution where you would like to send your scores
- Typically this will cost less than attending the course
- Register through College Board ($85), Reserve seat at your preferred test center (around $20), if meet required score pay set cost per credit (many change $7.50 per credit)